We ran across Nick Sanford’s wild ride while we were down covering the High Lifter Mud Nationals last weekend in Texas. I was drawn to Nick’s machine because of the wild paint and graphic scheme and tough looking stance his rig has. Nick told me how his machine was transformed from a stock machine into this awesome head turning one of a kind machine in only 8 days. Wow, what a transformation!
Name First and Last: Nick Sanford
Where do you reside?: Houston
1) What is your current ride? Year, Make and Model:
2013 Can Am Maverick
2) How did you get interested in Side by Side’s?:
Growing up riding 4 wheelers around the area in the local mud parks was a great way to spend the weekends. When the UTV scene was coming up and Can Am released the Maverick I knew I had to have one! The rest is history
3) Who consists of your regular riding crew? Mom, dad, wife, husband, girlfriend, kids, pet dog, friends etc.:
Friends, family and the boys from 3p!
4) List the modifications to your ride including aftermarket accessories, custom parts and appearance changes.:
S3 powersports 8 inch lift with Gorilla axles, 33 in Super ATV Terminator Tires, 15 inch Diesel rims. Black ostrich and bright green custom seats, Bling Star doors, UTV INC rear bumper, Turnkey UTV front bumper, UTV inch metal roof, 3P Cv Tech primary clutch, 3P STM Secondary clutch, WIndshield, switch panel and amp covers by dezigner acrylics, 6 Wetsounds 808’s, 4 Wetsounds REV 10’s, 2 Wetsounds 10 inch subs, 1 Wetsounds SD2 amp, 1 Wetsounds SD4 amp, 1 Wetsounds SD6 amp, Wetsounds 420 equalizer, 1 Wetsounds blue tooth controller, Speaker boxes by Sanford designs. All speakers are lit with RGB LED’s from Wetsounds as well as the front and rear plastics. 2 XS 3000 batteries witch custom battery trays. OTTRATW custom switches, Custom speaker bar by Texas Auto Gear, Powder Coating by Advanced Powdercoating. 40 inch Rogue 4 light bar.
5) What would you like your next accessory, mod or ride to be? And why?:
6) Where is your favorite place to ride? And why?:
River Run, Mud creek and Xtreme tav park in Crosby Texas.
7) Are you into trails, mud, rocks, water, sand or other? And why?:
Mud riding is what we do down here in the south so its what we do!
8.) If you could go anywhere to ride where would it be? And why?:
Glammis CA. I would love to ride the dunes!
9) Have you been on any recent riding trips or have a fun trip planned? If so tell us about it.:
Mud Nationals 2014 was the first ride this bike after it was completed.
10) Any shout outs you would like to throw out? :
This build was done by 3P in 8 days turn key. I would like to thank Josh,Travis, Ant, Russell, Mark and Zach
I would like to thank the guys at Wetsounds, Mark at Advanced Powdercoating, Rob at Chameleon Wraps, Josh at Dezigner Acrylics, Jeremy at XMM, David at Texas Auto Gear and Nick for the amazing build.