If you’re looking for the ultimate performance race tire for your UTV, look no further, the Tensor DS Race Tire is a prime choice. Specifically developed for modern UTV race teams, the Tensor DS made its debut to the market in 2016 at the Baja 1000. Not only did pro drivers like Robby Gordon and Cody Rahders run the DS at the Baja 1000, but off-road champ Rhys Millen took the podium as overall UTV champion in the 2016 race running these tires.
On a recent trip to the west coast we stopped in at Tensor Tire in Compton, California and met with Tensor’s creative manager, Chris McKendry, to get the scoop on their “Desert Series” Race Tire. This lightweight, all terrain tire features thick tread for custom grooving and great traction, a ribbed sidewall shoulder for additional protection and best of all it’s made in the USA.
Tensor DS Features:
- Thick tread allows custom grooving
- Ribbed sidewall shoulder creates enhanced puncture resistance
- Designed specifically for the needs of the modern UTV race team in mind
- All terrain tire
- 254 cross section, 90 aspect ratio
- Bias tire construction
- Load index 97
- Load rating at 14psi is 1600 lbs. each
- Speed rating is R(106 mph)
- 35.5 lbs each
- Tread depth of 19/32″ deep
- Max air pressure of 32 psi
- Minimum rim width suggested is 4.5″ and maximum suggested is 8.5″
- Comes in 32x10x15
- Made in the U.S.A.